Creating A Safer World
Avast is an antivirus software that helps users in protecting their devices from viruses, ransomware, and other online attacks. Its products include various features for example Browser CleanUP, SafeZone Browser, Anti-spam, Data Shredder, CyberCapture, Smart Scan, Firewall, and much more. But to access all the Avast products and to use all its features, you need to create an Avast account. So, follow the given guide for Avast account creation and sign in from my.avast.com.
How To Create an Avast Account on My.Avast.Com?
You can manage all your Avast subscriptions, buy new products, activate your product, cancel your subscriptions, etc. after creating an account. Further, you can manage multiple devices from one single account. So, to create an account from my.avast.com, follow the below-given steps carefully:
- Open a web browser, for example, Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, etc on your system.
- Then, go to my.avast.com by typing it in the address bar.
- After that, it will show you the Avast Sign In window. As you are a new user, click on the Register tab which is positioned in the upper-right corner of the window.
- It will take you to the account creation window. For creating an account, type a valid email address into the required field.
- Now, you need to set a password for secure access to your account. Also, consider the password-specific requirements that are given below:
- Your password must be between 8-32 characters.
- Include both uppercase and lowercase letters.
- At least one numeric value should be there.
- Also, use valid symbols.
- In the next field, retype your password in order to confirm it.
- You must accept all the terms of the agreements for creating an account. Hence, click on the Create new account button.
- Now, Avast will send you an email to verify your account. Hence, open the mail and click on the Verify Email button.
Procedure for Avast Login
- Start the process by opening a web browser.
- Now, type my.avast.com in the address bar and press the enter key from your keyboard.
- Then, the Avast Login window will appear on your screen. Type your email address into the given field that is linked with your Avast account.
- Then, enter your password that you have used while creating your account.
- Also, if you want to save your login details, tickmark the Remember Me checkbox. Now, you will directly sign into your account next time without entering the login credentials.
- Lastly, click on the Login button which is given at the bottom of the window.
Troubleshooting Avast Login Issues
1. Check Your Login Credentials
If you are facing errors while login to your account, make sure that you are providing the correct login credentials. The email address that you have provided must be linked with your Avast account. Also, type all the characters in lower-case letters. But if you are typing a wrong password again and again or forgot your password, follow the below-given steps to reset it:
- Go to my.avast.com.
- Click on “can’t access your account” link to reset your password.
- In the next window, enter your registered email address into the given field and then click on the Send button.
- It will take you to a new window, click on the Got it button.
- After that, you will receive an email that contains a link to reset your password. Hence, open the mail and click on the Reset Password button.
- Password Reset window will be shown on your screen. Do the following:
- Set a new password that must fulfill all the password-specific requirements.
- To confirm your password, re-enter your new password into the given field.
- Then click on the Set Password button.
- Now, you will see a pop-up box on your screen that your new password is created successfully.
2. Delete the saved Windows credentials
If the wrong credentials are saved in windows, then you will not be able to log in to your account from my.avast.com. Hence, follow the detailed procedure that is given below to delete the wrong credentials.
- First of all, open the Control Panel on your Windows computer.
- Then, type “Credentials” into the search bar and then select the Credential Manager tab.
- In the next window, click on Windows Credentials.
- By doing so, a list of credentials will display on your screen.
- You need to select your Avast login credentials from the list and then click on the “Remove” button.
- Then, you will get a pop-up box on your screen. Click on the Yes button to delete the wrong credentials.
3. Troubleshoot Authorization Error 400: admin_policy_enforced
This error may be shown on your screen if you are choosing the option of Login with Google with a corporate Google account. To resolve this issue, choose either one of the options that are given below:
- Visit my.avast.com and sign in to your account manually by providing your registered credentials. Then, select the Login button given there.
- Otherwise, select log in with Google option. Then, you will see a list of Google Accounts on your screen. Choose a non-corporate Google account, for example, your personal Google account for signing into your account.
4. Delete the Past History:
If you are unable to access my.avast.com, it may be due to the existence of past history in your browser. Hence, go through the step-by-step that is given below to clear cache and cookies from your browser:
For Chrome Browser:
- Firstly, open Chrome Browser.
- Then, go to the upper-right corner of the window and click on the Customize and control icon.
- After that, select the History option from the list.
- In the next window, click on the Clear Browsing Data tab which is positioned on the left side of the window.
- Now, you will see a dialog box on your screen. Select the time range and tickmark the appropriate boxes to delete the history.
- At last, click on the Clear Data button.
For Safari browser:
- Open the Safari browser on your Mac.
- Now, click on the Safari tab from the upper-left corner of the window.
- After that, a list of options will appear on your screen. You need to select the “History” option.
- Then, you will see a pop-up box on your screen. Select the time period in order to delete the history.
- Then, click on the Clear History button and this will remove the past browsing history from your browser.
Note: The procedure may vary depending on the browsers you are using for accessing my.avast.com.
5. Reset your Internet Connection
If the issue does not resolve, check your internet connection. For that, follow the step-by-step procedure that is given below:
- Firstly, turn off your modem by pressing it’s on/off button.
- After that, unplug the power cable from the electrical board.
- Now, you need to wait for 15-30 seconds.
- Then power on your modem and make sure that you turn on the Wi-Fi on your device.
- When the connection is established, try to access my.avast.com and login to your account.